Wedding Catering - General Information
Wedding Catering - The perfect food for your perfect event
It's the most important day of your life. Transform your wedding meal into a shared culinary experience with Ritz Catering. By wowing your guests with delectable hors d'oeuvres, mouth-watering mains, and satisfying sweets, you'll remember your wedding for all the right reasons.
Ritz provides bridal couples with personalized catering services, working intimately with you to fulfill your wedding daydreams. Our Red Seal Certified Chefs are delighted to customize as many or as few aspects of your menu as you like. We want every aspect your wedding to be perfect, and our catering services reflect that throughout.
Relax and enjoy the party you've so carefully planned—Ritz will take care of your wedding’s catering needs. Whether your event is grandiose and formal, or quaint and low-key, we coordinate the equipment required to cater your wedding, and we also offer a variety of additional options to make your vision a reality. Our wedding catering services span a variety of price points – whatever your wedding calls for, we’ve got your catering needs covered. Referrals for party rentals, cakes, photographers, entertainment, and more are also available.
We want your wedding to be perfect. See our Wedding Catering FAQ and General Wedding Checklist below!
Wedding Catering FAQ
Can I make any changes to the food in wedding catering menus and catering packages?
Absolutely! Our catering menus are just a starting point. We would love to help you create a personal catering menu just for your special day.
How long is the buffet left out for?
The buffet is left out until we feel that the last guest has gone through and everybody is done with second helpings. Our buffet catering services are designed to ensure that everyone is well fed!
Do you have a minimum number of guests for weddings? What if I don’t meet those numbers?
We do require weddings to have a minimum of 100 adult guests. This is due to the quantity of food we order which helps us keep our wedding catering menus affordable without losing the quality. If your wedding does not meet this minimum, there will be a charge of $10.00 per adult guest missing added to your final invoice.
For example, if you have 90 guests, you will be charged $10.00x10 ($100.00). If you have 75 guests, you will be charged $10.00x25 ($250.00). And so on.
Can your servers pour wine/beverages?
Ritz Catering servers will assist the bartender on site with placing bottles of wine on tables, but unfortunately we cannot pour for guests.
If we bring our own dish of food, can your servers help serve it?
Unfortunately Ritz Catering servers can only serve our own prepared food.
Will Ritz Catering be willing to include a recipe we provide, like a special family dish, or an appetizer with some sort of sentimental significance?
Absolutely! Prices will vary depending on the food cost and prep time.
Where will the food be prepared?
Ritz Catering has a certified commercial kitchen where everything is prepared. We deliver the hot food in warming ovens right before dinner service to ensure the best quality possible. If your menu includes BBQ items, the food will be BBQ’d on site.
What are your server’s duties?
Our servers will arrive, set up our equipment, set up place settings with the equipment we bring (cutlery, napkin and glassware if it is included in your package), serve appetizers (if included in your package), help serve on the buffet, and clean up after guests within our timeline. Extra duties can be arranged for additional prices to be discussed.
What do i do with the dishes left behind?
We will bring back as many dishes as possible within our timeline. Any dishes left behind will have crates for them to be placed in and returned to Ritz Catering the following business day between 9am-2pm. Before we leave your wedding a staff member will discuss what is left behind with your day of coordinator.
Do your servers wear uniforms?
Our servers wear black shirts, black dress pants and black shoes.
How many servers do you provide?
We provide 1 server per 40 guests.
How are the appetizers served?
Our servers walk around the appetizers butler style with napkins.
How much time do you need for set up?
We typically need 1 hour to set up for a wedding before your cocktail hour or reception begins.
Do you have a cake cutting fee?
Cake cutting is free, if within our timeline. We will cut and place each slice on the buffet table for guests to come up and grab. You will need to inform us how much cake to cut (eg. Leave a large portion uncut, or cut every single slice)
What if we need your staff for longer than 5 hours?
If your wedding timeline is behind schedule or some unforeseen circumstance happens and our staff need to stay later than the agreed upon timeline a charge of $30/hour per staff will be processed the following business day. We will need an authorized person’s contact information prior to your wedding who can make this decision on the day of.
How far in advance should I reserve my date?
Wedding receptions typically book 4-12 months in advance. We suggest reserving your date as soon as it is confirmed to secure your spot.
What do you need from me to reserve my date?
We require a non-refundable $500.00 deposit (this can be paid by e-transfer or in store with cash, cheque, credit or debit), and for you to fill out and sign one of our wedding contracts.
When are final numbers and payment due?
Final numbers are due 2 weeks prior to the wedding date and payment is due 1 week prior to the wedding date. If your wedding is on a weekend, payment and numbers will be due on Friday the week before.
Do you have additional charges for long weekend weddings?
Weddings that fall on a BC Stat Holiday have an additional charge.
Do you have children’s pricing?
Children aged 0-4 are free, and children aged 5-10 are $10.00 each.
Do you provide meals for vendors (DJs, Photographers, Bartenders, etc.)?
Yes, we provide complimentary vendor meals for up to four vendors. Please let us know how many vendors there are when giving us your final numbers.
Do you have bartenders?
We do not have our own bartenders, but we can refer you to some highly suggested bartenders around the area.
Can I add any extra rentals onto my menu?
You can definitely add on extra rentals for an additional fee. Rental prices are available upon request.
Do you offer tastings?
We offer tastings at $15 per person during our office hours Monday - Friday at either 10am, 2pm, or 3pm or during one of our pre-scheduled tasting evenings.
What fees will I see on my final invoice?
All weddings are charged with 5% GST and 15% Gratuity.
12 OR MORE MONTHS BEFORE THE WEDDING
- Determine potential dates and times for your wedding.
- Decide on the size, formality and setting of your wedding.
- Create a wedding and engagement budget.
- Reserve the locations for your wedding and reception.
- Meet with and book your wedding officiate or clergy.
- Choose your wedding party and confirm the participants.
- Choose your wedding rings.
- Draw up an initial guest list.
- Organize your engagement party.
9-12 MONTHS BEFORE THE WEDDING
- Order your wedding dress and attendant’s attire.
- Book your photographer and videographer.
- Reserve a caterer.
- Arrange for décor, chair covers, and linens.
- Book your live entertainment or DJ.
- Reserve your florist.
- Order your wedding cake.
- Reserve and rental items from the rental company.
- Register your gift choices at your favorite stores.
- Research accommodation for out-of-town guests.
- Plan your honeymoon.
6-9 MONTHS BEFORE THE WEDDING
- Reserve the musicians and soloist for your ceremony.
- Reserve your limousine service.
- Order your invitations and any other stationary.
- Order wedding favors for your guests.
- Choose outfits for mother of the bride and mother of the groom.
- Check marriage license requirement.
3-6 MONTHS BEFORE THE WEDDING
- Finalize your guest list.
- Choose the reader for your ceremony.
- Finalize your order with the florist.
- Reserve the men’s wedding attire.
- Make an appointment with your hairdresser.
2 MONTHS BEFORE THE WEDDING
- Mail the invitations.
- Decide on your wedding vows or compose your own.
- Finalize the reception menus.
- Confirm the wedding details with the musicians and clergy or officiate.
- Have the programs printed.
- Purchase gifts for parents and attendants.
- Make appointments for nails and make-up.
- Schedule final dress fitting.
1 MONTH BEFORE THE WEDDING
- Apply for a marriage license.
- Plan the rehearsal dinner.
- Meet with photographer and videographer.
2 WEEKS BEFORE THE WEDDING
- Have a party for the attendants.
- Draft the speeches.
- Finalize reception details.
- Call any guests who have not replied.
- Meet with your hairdresser and make-up artist for consultation.
- Deliver song lists to musicians or play lists to DJs.
- Confirm honeymoon reservations.
1 WEEK BEFORE THE WEDDING
- Finalize seating plan.
- Determine the order for the procession.
- Have your rehearsal.
- Confirm accommodation reservations.
- Pick up attire for the groomsmen.
- Confirm the final numbers wit the caterer.
- Confirm details with the limousine company.
- Deliver your marriage license to the officiate.
- Draw up a seating arrangement for the reception and write out the place cards.
- Choose someone to hand out the bombonieres or wedding favors.
- Choose someone to return any rented items after the wedding.
- Write any cheques required for the wedding day.
- Pack for your honeymoon.
ON THE DAY!
- Give the wedding bands to the best man.
- Give the best man any cheques that need to be given out that day.
- Present the attendants and parents with their gifts.
- Relax and enjoy your special day!
AFTER THE WEDDING
- Make a gift list and send out your thank you notes.
- Send thank you letters to your suppliers and attendants.
- If you are changing your name, you can purchase a kit to make the job easy.
- Arrange for cleaning and preservation of your gown.